Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Serves: 6 Servings
Vegetarian, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free
Bok choy is a rampant grower in sunny Byron Bay, our little garden on the hill flourished so heavily with beautifully bright green leaves that creativity was required to utilise the produce.
Our smooth and creamy garlic bok choy pasta sauce was born from this glorious glut of goodness. A simple dish sure to impress as your family and friends try to figure out the key ingredient.
Just one cup of shredded bok choy has about 9 calories, 1.1g of protein, 1.5g of carbohydrates, 0.7g of fiber, 0.8g of sugar, and 0.1g of fat. Bok choy is rich in vitamins C, A, K, and folate. It is also a good source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. Yep all that from our gorgeous green friend.
I’ve found that peeling off individual leaves from my bok choy allows for repeated harvests. So for this meal I wandered the vege patch plucking the outer leaves off my bok choy and leaving the lighter green ones to prosper for later.
- 6 cups Shredded Bok Choy
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Chilli
- MF Hemp Seeds
- MF Cashews
- MF Nutritional Yeast
- 300ml Pure Cream
- Salt & Pepper
Method: We’re going to start with the nutritional nutty topping that makes this meal sing.
- Take a handful of Mindful Foods Organic & Activated Cashews and throw them into the food processor
- Add in 2 tablespoons of Mindful Foods insecticide-free Tasmanian Hemp Seeds
- Add in 50g of Mindful Foods fortified and toasted Nutritional Yeast
- Blitz this combination until the Cashews are churned into baby bits
Now for the creamy garlic bok choy sauce
- Chop your bok choy, chilli, onion and garlic into medium chunks
- Fry these together for 10 minutes until soft and smelling delicious
- Bring a medium pot filled with water to boil and add pasta
- While your pasta cooks move the fried bok choy, chilli, onion and garlic to a food processor and add 300ml of pure cream along with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper
- Process the yummy fried ingredients into a silky smooth sauce
Now add your pasta, your creamy garlic bok choy sauce together and give a good stir to get the sauce all over your pasta.
Serve up in big bowls and give your dining pals the chance to sprinkle their own nutritional nutty topping. As usual the more the merrier when it comes to toppings so don’t be afraid to heap a little extra on.